Saturday, July 19, 2008

Words from the Journey

Well I know, I know, it's been a while and I fear your skeptic glance at my post. Perhaps you are thinking I have something profound to share... quite honestly... I'm inspired to write by my friends who are tired of reading their usual blogs and have encouraged me to well, write SOMETHING... so here I sit, babysitting my 85 lb. fur-grandbaby... while my husband is quietly but intently is working with his graph paper, designing a fabulous deck. The inspiration is that we will be able to sit on it this fall and contemplate the changing seasons in Michigan whilst we sip our hot mulled cider. Well, here we sit, no television because the young Moore family doesn't have cable and it is just nice to pretend we are at a cabin on the lake where the whitenoise of everyday life can't reach us... we're on a day's vacation... just enjoying having a dog without the daily responsibility it take to own one. Sheeba is a joy.

Perhaps I will be more inspired to write ... I'm looking for something good to do for myself, an outlet from the tedious reading that accompanies grad work. I think I have become to vigilant in my educational pursuit to stop to enjoy the simple things in life... like dogs. Well, you asked for it... perhaps I'll write again before a year passes by! I will have a month off school in August. Blessings...

2 comments:

Lana Mae Kamer said...

Let me be the first to comment, Joyce! Thanks for getting back in the saddle and sharing with us. OK, I'm adding you back to my blog buddy list. That means you gotta post once in awhile, dude!
Hugs,
Lana

Mike said...

Nice to see you writing again. Try not to think too hard about it. Just get an idea and go! I will often post to others' blogs when I can't think of anything to write about. Then I will refine that post and put it in my own blog--kind of like plagiarizing myself!